In a previous post I discussed the habit of always sitting when eating and taking one bite at a time Today I’ll cover some other habits that have helped my clients feel more in control. I find that when people start losing commitment with their health and weight goals these habits are often the first to go:
- Pick a day and time to write a shopping list and food plan (as loose or detailed as works for you). PUT IT IN YOUR CALENDAR. I doubt that this will take more than 10 minutes total.
- Log your food. A study by the American Journal of Preventive Medicine said that people keeping a food diary six days a week lost about twice as much weight as those who logged less frequently or not at all.
- Weigh yourself at least once per week and put it in your log. Keeping track of your weight is not about how you “feel” in your clothes – it’s all about the data baby!
- Never eat while driving, on the phone or actively doing work.
- Work up to adding veggies at every meal. Focus on: broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage. Also: spinach, zucchini, asparagus, salad, peppers, tomato, herbs (fresh or dried). Hate veggies? Look out for my upcoming recipe series on veggie dishes for veggie lovers.
- Plan your treats – pick a day (or if it’s vacation or a special event like a wedding), and decide what you will or will not eat – ahead of time and write it down.
- Study menus and buffets like you are studying for a test. Prior to eating out, review the menu and decide ahead of time what you will eat. With buffets – do the “buffet tour” by circling the entire buffet ahead of time before putting food on your plate.
Do you want to work with someone who can help you to not only lose weight but keep it off permanently?
I work with women just like you to help them define their health and weight loss goals and stay accountable so their dreams can come true! Sign up for a FREE 20-minute consultation to learn more about working with me. I have been 100% successful with my clients who follow my plan. So…are you ready to make your dreams come true?
About me: I am a functional and integrative Physician Assistant and Certified Nutrition Coach. And I am a working mom who had her own mid-life weight loss journey. I finally figured it out and I want to share my strategies with other woman. I help women maintain weight loss with a nutrition plan and weight loss coaching them and guide them in learning to eat in sync with their body’s innate patterns to bring them to their natural weight.