When you make a mistake or lose commitment whether it’s your diet, your exercise regime, your relationships, work or whatever do you feel an overriding sense of guilt and failure? If so…ask yourself “is this guilt going to help me get to my goals?” You will likely notice that the guilt spiral is not getting you the results you want because:
- Guilt is no substitute for action
- Guilt is a stressful feeling
…and what do most of us do when we have stressful feelings? Go for a jog? Meditate? HELL NO…we want to shut up those feelings immediately so we EAT OR DRINK to make those yicky feelings go away.
Here’s the solution: The Magical Reset Button
How to do it:
- Recognize you’ve gone off track (remember a 300 calorie mistake is much better than a 3,000 calorie mistake)
- Reset RIGHT NOW. Just get right back on track this minute
- ask yourself why you lost commitment in the first place. Did you have a “F&*$ it” moment (oh well, I already ate the bagel I might as well keep going with the waffles and the ice cream)? Were you in a social situation and didn’t want to stick out? Were you eating to avoid yicky feelings?
- Ask yourself “what might I do next time if I am in the same situation?”
and I am now giving you UNLIMITED RESET BUTTONS!
Do you want to learn to eat without guilt and deprivation to get to your natural weight?
I work with women just like you to help them define their health and weight loss goals and stay accountable so their dreams can come true! Sign up for a FREE 20-minute consultation to learn more about working with me. I have been 100% successful with my clients who follow my plan. So…are you ready to make your dreams come true?
About me: I am a functional and integrative Physician Assistant and Certified Nutrition Coach. And I am a working mom who had her own mid-life weight loss journey. I finally figured it out and I want to share my strategies with other woman. I help women maintain weight loss with a nutrition plan and weight loss coaching them and guide them in learning to eat in sync with their body’s innate patterns to bring them to their natural weight.