This tastes so yummy and decadent. You’d swear that you were eating something unhealthy. Easy and fast and heats up well.
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 small onion
- 5 cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp. Kerry gold butter or grass fed organic butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup full fat organic canned coconut milk (mix it up before you measure, sometimes it separates)
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- While skillet is heating slice your mushroom and onions (if you are using pre-chopped onion it’s about 1/2 cup)
- Once your skillet is hot, add in two tablespoons of butter. When melted add in the sliced mushrooms, sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Sauté until browned, then add in the onions. Keep stirring until softened, about 6 more minutes. Remove the mushroom and onion mix from the skillet.
- Add in the last tbsp. of butter. Sprinkle your chicken cutlets with the remaining salt and thyme. Place in the skillet side by side. Cook for five minutes on one side. Then flip over. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the mushroom and onion mix back in. Pour the coconut milk right over it.
Do you hate food prep or just find it to odious? Are you looking for new and easy ideas for how to stay healthy with a busy lifestyle?
I work with women just like you to help them define their health and weight loss goals and stay accountable so their dreams can come true! Sign up for a FREE 20-minute consultation to learn more about working with me. I have been 100% successful with my clients who follow my plan. So…are you ready to make your dreams come true?
About me: I am a functional and integrative Physician Assistant and Certified Nutrition Coach. And I am a working mom who had her own mid-life weight loss journey. I finally figured it out and I want to share my strategies with other woman. I help women maintain weight loss with a nutrition plan and weight loss coaching them and guide them in learning to eat in sync with their body’s innate patterns to bring them to their natural weight.