This tastes so yummy and decadent. You’d swear that you were eating something unhealthy. Easy and fast and heats up well.
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 small onion
- 5 cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp. Kerry gold butter or grass fed organic butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup full fat organic canned coconut milk (mix it up before you measure, sometimes it separates)
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- While skillet is heating slice your mushroom and onions (if you are using pre-chopped onion it’s about 1/2 cup)
- Once your skillet is hot, add in two tablespoons of butter. When melted add in the sliced mushrooms, sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Sauté until browned, then add in the onions. Keep stirring until softened, about 6 more minutes. Remove the mushroom and onion mix from the skillet.
- Add in the last tbsp. of butter. Sprinkle your chicken cutlets with the remaining salt and thyme. Place in the skillet side by side. Cook for five minutes on one side. Then flip over. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the mushroom and onion mix back in. Pour the coconut milk right over it.