These meatballs were so easy to make and fast! They are very filling. Two meatballs is usually more than enough for me. Easily reheated.
I don’t like to touch raw meat so I wear plastic gloves while prepping and throw them away afterwards. If you are using your hands, remember to remove all rings (including wedding rings) because small particles of uncooked meats can get under rings. Wash your hands thoroughly afterwards and run anything that has touched raw meats through the dishwasher or wash well by hand.
Makes 16 meatballs
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 1 lb organic ground pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp organic beef gelatin (this is the one I used but feel free to use another one)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- Optional garnish: roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the following in a mixing bowl and let set for 5 minutes before combining: ground beef, ground pork, eggs, parsley, gelatin, salt, oregano, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add almond flour to mixture and combine all ingredients using hands.
- Roll mixture into 16 balls (approximately 2.4 ounces per meatball – I used a food scale for my first one to judge size) and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 30 minutes on middle oven rack.
- After 30 minutes, transfer baking sheet to top oven rack and broil meatballs until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven, serve warm, and or reheat later
- May be served with sweetener –free tomato sauce