Compared to my other veggie recipes for veggie haters which hide your veggies, these dishes feature veggies in the WIDE OPEN. But, veggie haters, don’t despair, you might enjoy these anyway.
Many people who dislike vegetables love (or at least will tolerate roasted veggies). You can roast just about any vegetable you like (even broccoli)
- Any veggie (some great ones to start with: a head of broccoli cut into florets, a head of cauliflower sliced, carrots – peeled or scrubbed unsliced, sliced zucchini, asparagus)
- Spray olive oil
- Salt and pepper and spices (chopped garlic, curry, oregano…get creative here)
- Preheat oven to 350
- coat cookie sheet or pyrex with spray oil (may also place down parchment paper)
- lay down veggies and spray them with oil
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices
- Roast until tender (usually 15-45 mins depending on the veggie and how soft you like your veggies)
- Serve immediately. May be eaten cold on their own, in a salad or mixed in with your scrambled eggs
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon – Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4-6 strips thick-cut paleo bacon or paleo turkey bacon (sweetener and nitrate free ex: Wellshire Farms)
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 bacon slices, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts and cutting any very large heads in half through the core. (It’s fine if some of the outer leaves fall off – just bake those along with the rest of the sprouts. They get extra crispy and are delicious!)
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to evenly coat.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto a large sheet pan (in a single layer). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Evenly sprinkle the bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 min, turning halfway through the cooking time, until golden and lightly caramelized.
Are you looking for a food plan that is healthy and sustainable using REAL food. I can help you create an easy to follow plan that you will actually LOVE and be able to stick with.
Sign up for a FREE 20-minute one-on-one consultation with me to learn more about working with me. I have been 100% successful with my clients who follow my plan. So…are you ready to make your dreams a reality?
About me: I am a functional and integrative Physician Assistant and Certified Nutrition Coach. And I am a working mom who had her own mid-life weight loss journey. I finally figured it out and I want to share my strategies with other woman. I help women maintain weight loss with a nutrition plan and weight loss coaching them and guide them in learning to eat in sync with their body’s innate patterns to bring them to their natural weight.