I believe that green vegetables are pretty much the be all to end all when it comes to nutrition. Regardless of which diet you choose to follow, you must get in your green leafy veggies. There just aren’t ANY good substitutes or workarounds.
I can’t tell you how many of my clients complain that they hate veggies. They say they would rather eat sawdust than a piece of broccoli. Now, I love love love veggies (bordering on the obsession) and I LOVE the way they make me feel. But I also like to mix it up. So, I’m going to share with you some of my favorite ways to both disguise your veggies and give some variety for the veggie lovers like me out there.
Today, I’ll share two of my favorite protein-based recipes:
Sneaky Meatloaf or Sneaky Meatballs
- 1- 1 ½ pounds ground meat (chicken, turkey, beef or lamb)
- ½ cup grated or finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1-2 cloves garlic finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 cups chopped or grated vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, asparagus, kale etc.)
- Coconut or olive oil spray oil (for meatloaf only)
- Salt and pepper to taste and spices (. Some ideas: dill, basil, parsley, herbs de Provence, oregano)
If you are making meatloaf:
- preheat oven to 400
- blend ingredients above
- spray oil a loaf pan
- scoop mixture into pan
- bake 45-60 mins
- may reheat in toaster oven or microwave
If you are making meatballs
- preheat oven to 350
- blend ingredients above
- place parchment paper on cookie sheet
- form 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet
- bake 25-30 mins
Sneaky Veggie Eggs – 1 serving
- 1-2 eggs (may add egg whites for volume)
- 1 small or ½ large zucchini grated (squeeze it a bit in paper towel to get some of the moisture out). May also use other veggies like finely chopped or riced cauliflower or broccoli, baby spinach, baby kale, asparagus, etc.
- Spray olive or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spices (feel free to experiment. Some ideas: dill, basil, parsley, curry, herbs de Provence, oregano)
- Beat eggs and egg whites
- Add veggies, salt and pepper and spices
- Spray oil cast iron or non-stick ceramic omelet pan
- Pour eggs into pan and scramble. May also make as an omelet (put veggies in right after you pour eggs into pan so they will cook)
Are you looking for a food plan that is healthy and sustainable using REAL food. I can help you create an easy to follow plan that you will actually LOVE and be able to stick with.
Sign up for a FREE 20-minute one-on-one consultation with me to learn more about working with me. I have been 100% successful with my clients who follow my plan. So…are you ready to make your dreams a reality?
About me: I am a functional and integrative Physician Assistant and Certified Nutrition Coach. And I am a working mom who had her own mid-life weight loss journey. I finally figured it out and I want to share my strategies with other woman. I help women maintain weight loss with a nutrition plan and weight loss coaching them and guide them in learning to eat in sync with their body’s innate patterns to bring them to their natural weight.